Today Hugh told us all about Usain Bolt, the "fastest man on earth". We learnt about his life and training, his records and why Hugh admires him so much. Well done Hugh on such an informative and well presented assembly.
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Why Learn to Touch Type?
- When learning touch typing, the fingers develop muscle memory. This improves the child’s cognitive and motor skills, and hand-eye coordination; their minds become sharper.
- They do not need to concentrate on the keyboard, so they can focus on what they want to type and produce better content.
- Primary school children cannot write more than 15 words per minute by hand, but if trained well in touch typing, they can manage at least double that speed in the same amount of time.
Benefits in Later Life:
- As children graduate from school and start working, most of them will need to type as part of their job or for personal work like sending e-mails. Here are the main benefits they will experience in later life:
- They will be given preference at job interviews.
- They can complete computer-based tasks faster and be more productive.
- They can have a real-time conversation with friends and family who live abroad as they chat on instant messenger without delays.
Today Year 3/4 have been practicing their touch typing and are our Keyboard Ninjas!
Well done Year 3/4.
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Monday, March 27, 2017
Today our children treated their deserving Mums to a Mothers Day tea. Everyone enjoyed the beautiful scones and biscuits baked by our master baker Mrs Holgate. The children had made some very lovely gifts to give to their Mums. Well done to all the children for looking after your Mums today and making them feel really special.