Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Year 4 Bake Lamingtons!!!!!!

 
Open-mouth smile
It is believed that lamingtons were invented in the  kitchens of Government House, Brisbane when Lord Lamington was Governor of Qeensland as a creative use for sponge cake!!!!!
 Lamingtons have become such an institution in Australia that they are a popular means of raising money for community groups. These fund raisers are known as lamington drives. They are often baked on Australia day which is January 26th. 
 
 
 
It was lots of fun baking the lamingtons and really messy!! I didn't really like the coconut so I had to take it off. It was the second best thing i've done all week, the first is maths. Winking smile
 
 
Ned Twelvetree
 
 
It was fun making lamingtons. My favourite thing was dipping the lamingtons in the chocolate icing.Smile
 
Jamaal Ashman
 
It was really good. I am glad my Mum and  Nanna came to help us bake them. My favourite type was chocolate without coconut.Ninja
 
Zach Chatwood
 
 
It was very fun. I liked cracking the eggs on the table!Devil
Finlay Turner
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment